NRA Precision Pistol
(formerly known as Bullseye Pistol)
When: 8:00 am on the 2nd Sunday of the month
Where: Pistol Range
Contact: Mark Freedman
Cost: Members - $15 / Non-Members $20
Open to the Public.
Setup at 7:30am, match from 8:30am – 1:00pm..
This is traditional one-handed marksmanship. All firing is done standing, with one hand only. There are 3 rates of fire:
- Slow fire: 10 rounds in 10 minutes, fired at 50 yards.
- Timed fire: 5 rounds in 20 secs, fired at 25 yards.
- Rapid fire: 5 rounds in 10 seconds, fired at 25 yards.
There are two different guns used:
- Any 22 rimfire pistol or revolver, with any sights. Trigger pull must be 2 lbs minimum.
- Any center-fire pistol or revolver, 32 caliber or larger, any sights. Trigger pull must be 2.5 lbs minimum.
Scoring is done after every 10 shots. We start with the 22 pistol and shoot 30 rounds at 50 yards slow fire. Then we move the targets to the 25 yard line, and shoot 60 rounds of timed and rapid fire. Then we move the targets back to the 50 yard line, and repeat the same course of fire with the center-fire pistol. You do not have to shoot both guns. If you only have one appropriate gun, come and shoot half the match. This match is sanctioned by the NRA.
Minimum Equipment Required:
- Eye and ear protection.
- One or two pistols.
- 100 rounds of ammo for each gun.
- Staple gun for putting up targets.
- Binoculars or spotting scope for seeing your shots at 50 yards.
- Extra magazines for each gun.
- Reaching device for picking up brass.
Instruction Offered: Yes
Competition Level: All levels welcome, Beginner to High Master.